6 Reasons to Ditch Dryer Sheets
& Switch to Wool Dryer Balls
1) Dryer balls help your dryer run more efficiently. They fluff up your laundry, prevent clothes from clumping, increase air circulation, and cut down the amount of time it takes your clothes to dry.
Did you know that a dryer requires a ton of electricity? When our dryer broke earlier this year I noticed a significant drop in our electricity bill! Not to just trust that little evidence; I began testing it by turning off everything and then just one appliance at a time to see what made the meters spike … and yup, the dryer!
2) Dryer balls replace dryer sheets and liquid fabric softener, which saves money over time. Dryer sheets and fabric softener aren’t very expensive, but the same set of dryer balls can be used years. Plus they can be left right in the dryer so you never lose them between loads!
3) Dryer sheets and liquid fabric softener are dangerous for your health. Did you realize that there are scary chemicals in fabric softener products? This article by Care2 lists 10 ingredients that I don’t want to have on my clothes! The article goes on to list several known side effects of those chemicals including central nervous system disorders, headaches, nausea, dizziness, pancreatic cancer, and more.
Negative health risks associated with wool dryer balls? None.
4) Fabric softener makes your towels less absorbent. The chemicals and wax in fabric softener products leave a film behind on your clothing. It feels nice, but it actually makes your towels less effective. This isn’t an issue with dryer balls.
5) Dryer balls can fluff up your stiff clothes-line-dried towels and clothes. Skipping the dyer and using a clothesline is the best way to save money and it is easier on your clothes, but it makes them stiff. Some people can’t stand that stiff feeling, but if you toss the stiff clothes into the dryer for a few minutes it really helps.
Tip: If you’re still wanting scented laundry – woolly dryer balls are safe for essential oil usage. Just a couple drops of your favorite scent and voila! Glorious scented towels and t-shirts again! I get my oils from here or Eden’s Garden
6) Woolly Dryer Balls are eco-friendly. Wool is fairly green and sustainable — coupled with the fact that these babies will last for YEARS, they make little to no mark on your carbon footprint. What’s good for the earth is good for us!
Wanna buy your own set of dryer balls? Visit my ‘shop tab’ or www.kristichristensen.norwex.com
Have you ditched dryer sheets and switched to wool dryer balls?